Pre-K through 12th Grade Classical Education
Now Enrolling Pre-K through 6th.
Classical Christian Education for Fargo
Classical Christian education has enjoyed rapid growth as it expands throughout the United States. Until now, all states but North Dakota have had at least one K-12 classical school. Capstone Classical Academy has changed that.
First day of school for all grades, Monday, August 29!
Please note that due to construction delays, school now starts on Monday, August 29 for all students in grades Pre-K through 6. Be sure to subscribe to or download the academic calendar so that you will be up-to-date.
Why Capstone Classical Academy?
Capstone Classical Academy believes education is meant to cultivate students into virtuous human beings who are equipped to live well. Therefore, education should be about formation, not just information.
This process of education in a child begins in the early years and, if done well, creates a love for learning that spans the child’s lifetime. Laying a foundation with specific curriculum and teaching techniques that build into the child’s natural abilities during each phase of growth creates the best soil and fosters healthy growth of knowledge and application to life.
Capstone will bring a full Pre-K through Grade 12 classical Christian program, noted for its educational excellence, to North Dakota for the first time.
Capstone's Mission Statement
“Capstone Classical Academy engages students to acquire wisdom, cultivate virtue, and pursue rigorous academic study within a Christian worldview. Our students will study what is Good, what is True, and what is Beautiful for the purpose of glorifying God and benefiting their community.”
Academic Support from Hillsdale College
Capstone Classical Academy is the the first private Hillsdale College Member School. Hillsdale has worked with numerous classical public charter schools throughout the U.S., but Capstone will be an entirely private endeavor.
Hillsdale College is assisting the Capstone Board of Directors with the initial launch of the school and is committed to provide ongoing support. Their support includes board training, assistance in hiring classically trained administrators and faculty, selecting curriculum, and providing ongoing pedagogy and subject matter training for the faculty.
Frequently Asked Questions
The idea of Capstone Classical Academy originated in August of 2020 when a piece of property, a vision for quality education, and a dream brought a group of friends together for coffee. The classical method of education was explained, and by the end of a long coffee, this group had the beginning inspiration for classical education in the Fargo area. A legal entity has been formed, led by people with the knowledge and experience to advance the vision of classical education in North Dakota. In the process, we have discovered many other people in the area with a similar vision, and we are working together in the formation of Capstone Classical Academy.
- The name Capstone Classical Academy was selected and has been formed as a legal corporation in the State of North Dakota.
- Logo and branding materials have been designed (as seen in this website).
- Capstone has received 501(c)3 non-profit status from the IRS.
- A Board of Directors has been selected to guide the organization.
- Site visits have been made to classical schools elsewhere in the U.S. to learn more about the classical education model.
- The academy has become a Hillsdale College K-12 Member School, providing Capstone with guidance in the formation, administration, faculty development, and curriculum of the academy.
- The Board has hired Paul Q. Fisher to serve as Headmaster of the academy.
- A purchase agreement has been signed for an 18-acre permanent campus at 64th Ave. S. and 43rd St. in south Fargo.
- Information meetings are being conducted regularly to explain the vision of Capstone.
- We have secured space at 3910 25th St. S. and at 2506 35th Ave. S. to begin offering classes for the fall of 2022.
- An architect specializing in classical building design has been hired to develop the initial permanent site plans, with the goal of opening the 64th Ave. campus in August 2025.
Capstone Classical Academy will start classes for Pre-Kindergarten through 6th grade in the fall of 2022, followed by adding at least one additional grade each year. Students who enrolled in 2022 will be able to graduate from Capstone. The long-range objective is to develop facilities that will accommodate 560 students in Pre-K through Grade 12.
Please visit our tuition page for full details regarding tuition and our tuition support program.
A scholarship fund has been built into the initial operating budget. It is our goal to provide aid to families who would need tuition support and to secure donations that will fund a scholarship endowment. A founding principle of the Board of Directors is that Capstone, as much as possible, will be accessible to families who are committed to educating their children under the classical model, regardless of their financial situation.
- All faculty and administration must acknowledge and be in agreement with the confession of faith stated in the Nicene Creed.
- Parents/Students need not be Christian to attend or benefit from the classical model.
- We will work diligently to treat each Christian tradition respectfully and thoroughly in our conduct and curriculum.
- We will provide our students with the skills to intelligently study Scripture and encourage their natural desire to better know God and align their lives with His will.
The classical model is a distinct method of education that is not offered by any school in the area. It cannot be added into or molded around the existing styles of progressive education, or even private education teaching methods. Education at all grade levels at Capstone will be built upon the classical method of instruction that incorporates different curriculum and instruction techniques. Research has shown that the classical model produces higher outcomes than all other learning methods used in American education.
In addition, there is a demand for a private school in the fastest growing part of the Fargo/Moorhead/West Fargo metro area. The Capstone campus will be easily accessible to young families where most of the residential growth is occurring.
Capstone is a private school, financed entirely through tuition and the donations of people with a belief in the lifelong value of classical Christian education to the student, their family, and their community.
The school has established a self-perpetuating board that operates under the Policy GovernanceTM model.